Since our last ultrasound I feel very confused and a little lost about exactly what is the Dr's concern and the possible outcome/resin for this next ultrasound. At the time i was so confident that the last ultrasound would be just THAT our last ultrasound and we can have the peace of mind that our boy is just fine and ride out the rest of pregnancy as normal and happy as possible, so I was way caught off guard and felt like my mind had no words or questions to ask, just confused. So Tuesday I had ALL kinds of questions at my regular appointment for my Dr, and he was ready to answer them.. until an alarm of some kind started going off and we could no longer hear eachother and talk!! I was left all alone in the room as he and his nurses tried to figure out what was going on ... I was sitting there and just let out a big chuckle..like of course this would happen. lol This noise went on and on and on..until finally my Dr told me that they are calling to get someone and we will have to talk about this at our next appointment. UGH WHAT?! ok. So here I am still with no answers but oh so many questions!! This pregnancy I have felt like I am tredding in not just deep water but deep thick clay, constanstly moving but getting no where. It is causing me to have some serious anxiety and possibly a little depressed ( probably does not help that this winter is taking FOREVER) ! Also this last pregnancy I realized (even more) that we have not discussed my preterm labor issues since like my first appointment.. I feel like all of my normal issues I have during pregnancy are being forgot it is not making my anxiety any better that's for sure.. Anywho .. I finally did some research of my own online and I feel like I truly have some understanding of what they were talking about and will be looking for next ultrasound!
So I knew he had mentioned things like .. the head , fluid , measuring at 11.7 mm, and high normal range. So that's exactly what I searched! And I found stories of people with similar findings .. here is what I found they are checking for (if the fluid is getting bigger and above 12 mm) ...ventriculomegaly .. here is a link ..
If the fluid is above 12 mm it can be an issue and as the baby grows it could have learning issues, or other handicapped problems..sounds scary BUT after reading other stories online I found more positive outcomes where the baby was born just fine !! Which is awesome! Honestly i feel so sooo sooooo much better just to know now what it is that they are concerned about!!!!
Poor girl. I Trust that your baby will be absolutely fine! Praying for you and growing babe everyday. For our own peace of mind, I would call the doctor & ask to talk with a nurse. Tell her your questions/concerns and ask if you should come in before your next appt.
ReplyDeleteour next appointment is a few hours before the ultrasound, so its only two weeks away which is nice at least!
ReplyDeleteThinking of you always and praying for some peace of mind.
ReplyDelete