Saturday, February 14, 2015

28 week ultrasound

Yesterday (Friday the 13th) we had our fourth ultrasound this pregnancy. The last ultrasound back in December was a level two and they didn't really find much for concern but wanted us to come back and check baby boys heart one more time because things can develop around 26/27 weeks that they wouldn't have been able to see in the heart before! We arrived with high hopes that this would be our LAST time with Iowa City, they are great I really like the people but its an extra stress I am so over ;) and so is Chad!
 
Any who.. our appointment was a 10 am and Chad was able to take a half day off work and meet me there :) Its always great seeing our little nugget on the ultrasound, he is head down and in perfect position giving them great views of everything they needed (except his face was backwords so no cute pics to take home of his face..darn!)! I could here them using Dr words to each other when they were checking the head/neck area, which made me concerned.. it was a pretty quick ultrasound, over in about 20 minutes, and then it was time for Dr to talk. I could tell he wasn't his normal "everything is looking great face" and he didn't seem as cheery this time...he told us babies heart looks great and sounds great (great news! that was my biggest worry through all that we have gone through is a heart defect!) but theeeen came the reason he wasn't so cheery.. he then explained that the fluid in the back of the neck/head is measuring at 11.7 which he called the "high normal range", he then told us that at this stage its supposed to be at a 10..but then told us some believe it should be higher for boys and at a 12. (are you confused ? lol ) then he told us that he wants to see us again to make sure it is not getting bigger and over the 12 range.
 
So that is where we are now, waiting for a call back about when our NEXT ultrasound will be in about 4/6 weeks! I will have to say this was NOT the news I was wanting and if anything it is giving me concerns again .. but I am still thinking its just them being careful and over checking everything..I cant wait for the end of April beginning of May to finally meet my little drama boy :)! I think when he arrives is the only truth we will really get haha !

No comments:

Post a Comment