Sunday, February 22, 2015

My life with boys, and its just the beginning ;)

When I tell people we are having our third boy and that we are done after this one, they sometimes look at me with disappointment, say things like "im sure you were really wanting a girl this time" or "are you sure your not going to want to try for a girl" but I want to say I couldn't be happier to be blessed with 3 handsome boys, I have always been a tomboy, love fishing, camping, getting dirty is no big thing, and anyone who has known me since I was a little girl knows I don't like barbies or dolls too many little things and pieces to looks after haha! (of course I have them and play with them with daycare girls though) I have also been one to never be apart of drama.. which lets face it comes with being a girl ;) so really having boys is a huge blessing for me! I love to spoil girls and paint nails with them and then send them home :) *And on a side note I LOVE being the only girl, and being the Queen of the King house* HA!:)

Now the only 'downfall' with my lovely boys is they are wild and rough ;) witch lets face it is just a boy thing! But as much as I LOVE that my boys are brave daredevils and the seem to not be intimidated by ANYTHING it also scares the crap out of me!! Van Edward is only 4 and I have seen him jump off of our swing set multiple times, ride every ride-able toy down our porch ramp, try to jump over the stair banister, think he can fly from couch to couch, wrestle or attempt to take down anyone who enters this house, and about a billion other things I thought would wait until he was at least school age... oh and don't get me started about water!! We have always had to all but restrain him from open water because apparently he thinks he was born with gills ;) I truly am so very happy that he is a go getter and very brave, I want my boys to hit everything head first ..just not literally and that is what worries me.. I see emergency rooms in my future where they all will know us by name;) This past December was our first trip to the ER for being a wild boy (we did have to go once when van was 18 months for the flu and being lethargic) Van and Crosbi were just bouncing on a ball.. something very common but this time went belly first into the ball and went up in the air and the first thing to land was his head onto a wooden end of a couch...ouch! he was very tough and didn't cry much at all just a few ouchy tears..but I just took one look and new it needed something because it was deep , not real big though , I think it looked more like someone poked him in the side of the head with a pen or pencil! It ended up being that he did need to have just one staple put into his head, again he was amazing and so strong! He tried to not cry but can you imagine a staple in your head? I would have cried too..in fact I did have tears in my eyes! No  one wants to see your child in pain .. I think it was worse on me because he was over it in no time like by the time we were home ;) and here I am over a month later writing a post about how terrifying it was!! lol



 So this is all about the oldest Van Edward, I used to think he was going to be the one to give me heart palpations but then came our second boy, Crosbi "the HULK" Virgil...

Crosbi is all about whatever Van can do I can do too...maybe even bigger and better and if you don't let him he will for sure hulk out and let you know how unfair you are being .. this boy is not EVEN TWO YET!! He is my every day worry.. and may be the reason I go into labor soon enough lol. I have already caught him climbing up the side of the banister stairs, he tries to run into the street anytime he can (chasing cars maybe?? idk), tries to climb over the gate on the stairs and if that isn't working tries to pull it off the wall, this fall would try and walk down all the slides .. and if he isn't doing that then heading down head first is the only choice for him, pushes every chair over to get onto counters, about two weeks ago I walked away to put a daycare child to bed, I heard him pushing a chair and new I had to hurry, by the time I got there he had got into his hanging high chair (the one off the island) and was smiling at me like "look how cool I am mom, now give me some food" lol ... this is just the very beginning for this young boy, im tired and stressed just writing and thinking about the future with this daredevil!! haha! he currently is healing still from a pretty big cut on his pinky toes that because at this age don't sit still to let things rest or heal got a nasty infection! :(

That is what it looked like before it was draining all the nasty puss and blood out of it! YUCK! and he was so miserable through it all! Anywho with Crosbi being extra wild I am a little nervous to see how boy #3 is ;) fingers crossed maybe he will be the most chilled out mellow baby ever !! lol
 
Even though jumping, climbing and wrestling are pretty much all we do around here .. for the most part I love it!! Here is a glimpse of the cute wrestling and stuff I love...



 
Once in a while too my boys love to slow down and be the sweetest and silliest and melt my heart...
ok not just once in a while all the time they melt my heart (just maybe make it jump out of my throat while its melting haha!)
 



I love you to pieces my little prince's, now please just take it easy on your mother!! ;)
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment