I have been taking booger out more and more lately..he does really good usually sleeps or just looks around the whole time. He likes getting out of the house, as does mommy ;)
Last Saturday Van, Chad, and I went to D-Port to do a few things..while we were down there we stopped to say hello to Vonda :) It was the first "out of town" visit Van has done! He loves car rides and fell asleep on the way there..when we got there he woke right up to "play" with Vonda! He did get a little fussy but then we laid him out on the floor to play and he was happy again :) It was soo nice Vonda and Van got some time together and I got to do some talking with Vonda (cuz we all know how much I like to chit chat). ;) Chad and Vonda even did some getting to know each other and that always makes me happy...since Chad is pretty quiet most of the time ;)
Another visit that is very near to my heart was West Wing..meeting a few of the residents! I love my job as I have mentioned and the main reason is the residents I work with..they are so sweet and bring a baby into the place and you will see a whole flock of them wheeling your way in no time ;) I love it! They get soo excited and enjoy not only spending time with the little bundle of joy but they love asking questions about how I am doing and feeling about the whole experience. One in particular almost had me in tears. Her name is Margret, she is 94 but still full of spunk, and she calls me her "Woo Woo" because she calls me over by saying "WOO WOO" ;) haha it makes me laugh every time ! She recently lost her oldest daughter to cancer this past week..soo I knew I HAD to get up and see her this week! As soon as I walked into the door I felt my eyes well up with tears..she looked right up to me with a huge grin and said she's been waiting for her Woo Woo to visit.We had a nice visit and she talked about how happy she is for me and she can't wait for me to come back to work..I reassured her that I would be back in three weeks :) She also told me that she had got her picture taken earlier that day and that she was going to save one for Van and I to hang on the fridge..how sweet!
You always here how the residents look at us as their family and get attached but I can honestly say that it's the same for us workers with certain residents :) They are like an extra pair of grand-parents and I love them all in their own way...it will make me sad when I leave West Wing.
No comments:
Post a Comment