Monday was my first day back to work in over TWO MONTHS!! I had my alarm set for a little after 5 a.m. ( had to be to work at 630) but there was no need for the alarm because Van woke up to eat just before it went off ;) It actually worked out nicely because that way I was able to go back to sleep for another twenty minutes or so :))
Eventually, though, I did have to get up and go...he was sleeping soo it didn't seem like it was going to be that hard.. but AS SOON as I was ready to walk out the door my baby started crying..making it hard..needless to say I clocked in at 6:32 cuz I waited until the last minute to leave the house ;)
Being at work was actually quite nice though...I really like what I do and I LOVE the residents..they made the transition of being back a lot easier :) It's also a very interactive job and I like being around people so it was a nice little get away from the house! Basically the morning was hard to leave, beginning of work went nice, but after coming home to pump I was ready to just be home with my baby :( This week I only worked two days, soo next week will be the true test ;)
Other news Van is two months old.:)..( I will have his update on that soooon, I know I am a little behind) and that means his first set of shots!! EEeek!! Well this mommy flubbed a little and scheduled his appointment during my first day back to work (its all I could think about at work)...I thought I worked at night originally so I made the appointment that morning. But luckily Chad is the one who stays home with him and was able to take him :) He said that he did really well, but screamed/turned bright red when the first shot was in...he gave him Tylenol and the rest of the day he was pretty tired..I do have to admit I thought the band aids on his legs were pretty cute ..weird..maybe ;)
All I have to say is I will be there next time..no matter what!!!!
OOhhh yeah and Van has ALREADY doubled in weight...which is amazing because they dont expect that until 5 months :)) He was 10 lbs 13 oz...GOO BOOGER!!! He was also 21 inches, short for his age but at least he is average in weight now :)
P.s.In the midst of Thanksgiving I want to say I am soo very thankful for my wonderful fiance and all he does, my health, my family and friends...and OF COURSE I am soOoO very thankful for my baby boy..Mommy loves you soo much!!!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!Safe Travels :))
No comments:
Post a Comment