Tuesday, April 20, 2010

April 14..!

April 14 or last Wednesday was a wonderful day all around :)!! Not only did i have the day off (wonderful in itself) but it was chad and I's anniversary AND ALSO we had a Dr.s appointment :) I LOVE LOVE LOVE these appointments..I get soo excited when it comes down to anything having to do with our little one :)

The appointment was at 2:00 and thankfully Chad was able to come along! (He wants to come to every appointment, I think this is soo sweet) On our way down there i wasn't feeling the best, but now that i think of it it was probably just nerves/anxiousness about what they were going to say, things they had to do and so on! Right as soon as we got called our nurse was there with something in her hand she had been hanging on to for a month now...OUR ULTRASOUND PICTURE!!! We were soo happy that she had that in hand because I had just thought that they didn't give us one :( Both of us had big grins on our faces and couldn't stop looking at our precious king! Even though it looks like a blob, it is our blob and the sweetest thing!! Anyways on with the appointment, it was overall an everyday check up that women go through, but they did have to take blood and check for strep b (a bacterium that is extremely dangerous to newborns and cause problems for pregnant women) which they check for everyone. After all of that was over Chad and I got to listen to booger butts wonderful heartbeat again! (For chad this was the first time since he wasn't able to be at the ultrasound appointment)I looked at Chad while we were listening and he had the biggest/greatest smile on his face..how sweet!! The heartbeat was a beautiful 161 bpm:) After that the nurse said that it looked like i had a UTI (ick, but very common among pregnant women because our immune system is so low) I haven't gotten a call about if i "for sure" do have one or not but at least it's not a huge threat or anything!

After the appointment we celebrated our anniversary :) We didn't do anything all too special, but there is one thing i want to share with all of you! That is the adorable Pandora charm my loving man had gotten me for our baby :)! It is the babies birthstone ( i know i know there's someone out there saying to themselves "you don't know the birthstone yet, it could come early or late") and yes this is true but it's an easily fixable issue! I think its the thought that is a beautiful thing to me and I feel soo GRATEFUL for having a wonderful man like Chad in my life! Here is a picture of the charm :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm going to comment on a lot of your posts apparantly.

    I got a big grin on my face thinking of you guys listening to the heartbeat! It's such a wonderful thing to hear isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes :) besides actually seeing the little one its the BEST thing I have ever experianced !!

    ReplyDelete