Monday, October 4, 2010

About Breastfeeding...

Before I ever became pregnant I NEVER wanted to breast feed my child...I thought it would be weird or awkward...I felt it was right for some people but not for me! But NOW I wouldn't have it any other way..and I don't how I could have ever thought that way. It is the complete opposite of awkward...to put it simply it is a beautiful thing...I LOVE the closeness and (like you always hear) the bond it forms between my son and I. I think when I go back to work...that will be one of the things I miss most about not being home...is knowing that he will be having to use bottles all day long until I get home, and not feeling the closeness all day :( (but I don't want to really think about going back to work...I still have SIX weeks..yay!)

When Van and I were in the hospital I was really worried that I wouldn't get the chance to breast feed him because he wasn't very good at latching on..he wouldn't eat except out of a bottle..there were a couple of times I teared up out of frustration that it wasn't working. But now he is a pro ;) I also bought my breast pump yesterday and my nursing bra!! The nursing bra is honestly one of the GREATEST inventions..LoVe it! :) (and I will be getting another one soon enough ;))


Well I hope this wasn't TMI for anyone...love you all and have a great day :))

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy to hear breastfeeding is going so well for you and Van and I agree ~ it's a very special thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it's going well! You are nuts about being excited about a nursing bra - can't wait to get back into my normal bras. ;o)

    ReplyDelete