Sunday, March 1, 2015

The Chad Report (Working Title)

WARNING
THIS BLOG POST IS WRITTEN BY STEVI'S HUSBAND CHAD
IT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR ALL AUDIENCES
READER DISCRETION ADVISED 
 
I often feel like I am the only person going through life full of stress.  My job requires a lot of time alone driving which for the most part is relaxing to me but sometimes my wondering mind gets the best of me.  I have always been a day dreamer but because I am now an adult I have responsibilities...that word even looks scary. I don't even like writing it. Just so we got this straight the word responsibilities is my least favorite word. So now that I have responsibilities my day dreaming no longer consists of thoughts of wonderful things like girls and Chinese food . My mind tends to shift toward subjects like Doctor bills and my children's future so I guess you could call this dad dreaming.  While I am in this dream state I always get to the part of the dream where I start thinking about all the things in my personal life that I have not completed.  This can be as little as cleaning my car but usually is focused more toward something like finishing remodeling projects in our house.  When I am feeling really stressed my dad dreaming turns into dad nightmare and gets pretty dark, I start to question my place in life and I wonder why I am not yet a super hero or an astronaut or something reasonable like that. If I am to be completely honest with you I would say the only reason you don't see me running around in tights with a cape is because I don't have enough time.
 
Society is my biggest enemy.  In fact it is my kryptonite.  Society is what has given me 24 hours for a day.  I'm going to go ahead and assume that you agree that we need waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than 24 hours for a day.  But unfortunately 24 hours it is and we cant change that. Society has also decided I need to spend the majority of my awake life at job, at which we have already concluded I am dreaming during the majority of the time so actually while at  job I must not be awake.  Ok I'm confusing myself.  Since I don't wear a cape or fly spaceships through the galaxy at job I can think of many other things I would rather be doing for 10 hours a day.  Since I happen to be a father and husband to some pretty amazing people I must say, I struggle to find free time for myself with what little time I have left in a day after job.  Understand that I do know I am not the only one who has this struggle.  That said the struggle is real.  Being the introvert I am free time to myself is one of the most important puzzle pieces to my sanity, which at times is also missing some other pieces.  The pieces that are often missing the most would be family time.  Society has caused me to not get enough time with them.  Like most working parents I go to job wishing I could be with family instead.  While her job is anything but easy I am most peanut butter and jealous of Stevi having the unusual luxury of being able to spend it with our kids for the time being.  When the time comes that I go to job in a cape or millennium falcon I will be sure that I give myself much more time with my family as well as free time for myself to dream about Chinese food or whatever it is people these days do with free time. 
 
Since society  was nice enough to give me two days a week that I do not have to go to job I try to make the best of them.  This weekend I got to spend a lot of time alone with my boys.  Some of you may know I am a huge fan of comedy.  A true dream of mine is to be a stand up comedian which I have yet had the balls to give a shot at by means of open mic, yet someday I do believe I will at least work up the courage to give it a try.  These boys are pure comedy.  They are not hacks, they keep me laughing all day long and should I ever work up the courage to get on stage I am sure they will be what drives me up there.  Until then they along with Stevi and our newest addition yet to come will continue to be what drives me through life.  I have come to realize that since society is my kryptonite and time can be its biggest power I must work on time management to get the best out of life.  So time management is going to my new muse.  This week while I am at job and I am dad dreaming, I will do my best to turn the focus toward time management.  Maybe that will help me deal with the day to day stress.  Or maybe ill just eat some  Chinese food.

 
 I'm only a super hero at home
 

 

5 comments:

  1. You are a super hero in the boys and my eyes!! Love your post hubs!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! Dream on, Dad-dreamer! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome. As a fellow major introvert and daydreamer I love this look into your brain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great! I agree with your view on society, Chad :) Kryptonite! I loved reading your post... very raw.

    ReplyDelete