To start Van has been having runny stools for about four days now...they don't amount to much poo, he is still generally in a great mood, plus he was teething so I didn't hurry and call the Dr. until today, it was lasting much too long..and getting worse sooo I called and its not just teething it is some sort of the stomach flu that causes diarrhea only :( Poor baby..I shoulda called sooner ! but besides the stinky runny stools he is good to go, no puking, or fever!! he is somewhat more tired then usual.
The Dr. told me there is nothing they can do, just no milk or solids, instead give him pedialite! And that is what we are doing...I think he is enjoying it ;) Bad news is...if he is not better by tomorrow we will have to miss G-Baby's bday party..I don't want to pass it on to anymore little ones!
And on the note of no milk...I am drying up. :( I have started birth control and one of the side effects is that you may dry up and not produce milk...well I was producing pleeenty so I thought nothing of it..but within a week I was down to only pumping 3 oz all together and now...I am down to barely an ounce from each breast! Super sad! I have thought about calling the Dr. and getting off of the BC but in the long run it is best I stay with it (hormonal issues, that time of the month issues, and we do not plan on having a baby ANY time soon) and also..six months is a good run for breastfeeding...it is 3 months shorter then my original goal but for me I feel good about it :)
I will miss it for sure...much cheaper and much more convenient! i will also miss the closeness..honestly breaks my heart. But again I am happy with what I have accomplished and I will/can only do better with the next baby!!
Aww, I hope he's feeling better!
ReplyDeleteCan you not take the mini pill or get an IUD? They don't mess with your milk supply. Either way you've done an awesome job lasting 6 months!