Our little Van Man has been fighting a illness ever since we got home from our trip to MN/Ames! The first week was an AWFUL diaper rash with nasty runny stools. He handled that very well, of course diaper changes were more difficult (picture poop everywhere you can imagine ;)) LoL but a little ointment and some pedialite and Van was back to normal in just a day or two!
The second illness, witch Van is currently still trying to get rid of started on Saturday. It was Chad's bach. party so Van and I were on our own all night (normally, no problem at all) but that night was a LONG night for the both of us :( Poor bubba woke up 40 minutes after falling asleep for bedtime screaming...well this went on, and on, and on, and on...you get the picture ;) Around midnight I took his temp, it read 101.3, gave him some medicine (thinking maybe that would do the trick) nope the screaming went on until 4 in the morning!
I had NO idea what the deal was...gas? But then I noticed he started to drool UNCONTROLLABLY!! Then I got to thinking...throat? Well Chad took him to see Dr. Neeru Monday and come to find out he has blisters all over his mouth! :( Oh this broke my heart...I wouldn't want to eat and would scream too! Needless to say there is nothing we can do but wait it out and give him Advil every 6-8 hours!
On the plus side it has called for more cuddle time with Mama..
and he should be 100% by the weekend!! Yippeeee!! ;)
(Maybe this means he is getting his illnesses out of the way early this year)
Glad Van's on the mend. What a sweet picture of him sleeping in your arms!
ReplyDeleteWe're so sad to be missing his 1st birthday party :(